Bulk deletion of classes can be an appropriate action in any of the following circumstances:
- If there is a need to eliminate PROVISIONED or DECLINED classes from a prior year or semester before provisioning new classes. This practice is a highly recommended part of standard rollover procedures, as it helps avoid confusion on the part of the teacher.
- In the event of a major error during the class provisioning process, such as when a malformed or poorly-constructed alias has resulted in course duplication.
Bulk deletion of ACTIVE and ARCHIVED classes is not currently supported by Little SIS Sync, for the reason that:
- ACTIVE classes can generally be presumed to have been used by teachers, so the more appropriate administrative action is to bulk archive them.
- Teachers frequently "reuse" assignments from ARCHIVED classes.
- Note that teachers can delete individual classes from the Classroom interface.
To bulk delete classes, use the Classroom Overview tool to filter for only classes in the PROVISIONED or the DECLINED state, select the classes you want to delete, and select "Delete X selected classes."
You'll then be prompted to review and approve the selection.
In step 2 of the approval process, you'll need to decide how you want the aliases for these deleted classes to be handled. Recall that aliases are used by Little SIS Sync to uniquely identify a class when running a sync job. If a currently-existing job contains aliases that don't match any aliases for classes already on the domain, a new class will be created. This means that deleting a class along with its alias can result in that same class being re-created by an existing job. If this is a concern, you should Save a class exception for each deleted class to prevent jobs from re-creating them. If you are planning to recreate classes with the same alias, select the second option.
Next, you'll be prompted to provide final confirmation of the course-deletion action.