Little SIS, one of a growing suite of tools developed and supported by Amplified Labs, is a desktop application (though it is often installed by schools on a virtual server) that can create and automatically sync Google Classroom classes with student information system data.
- Little SIS can provide an ideal support for taking a school or district’s teacher-initiated Google Classroom adoption to the next level. By automating and syncing Classroom classes and rosters to a district’s enrollment system of record:
- Teachers have fewer obstacles to navigate in the adoption process.
- Students benefit from a consistent online workflow across their classes.
- Students that are late-arrivals, transfers, or who may have missed Classroom orientation in some classes, are not left behind.
- Tech integrators get to focus more on the instructional affordances and less on the tech itself.
- (coming soon) Parents get a consistent window into their child’s digital work.