Sending a guardian invitation may set an expectation that Guardian Summary emails are also sent. Summary emails are only sent for accepted invitations. Let's take a look at how invitations work.
Little SIS Sync identifies students:
- Enrolled in ACTIVE classes
- With the Guardian Notification feature enabled in at least one active class
Students who meet these criteria are Guardian eligible. When performing bulk Guardian Sync operations, you can only create invitations for Guardian eligible students. With the Guardians Explorer, you can analyze which students are guardian eligible students.
To analyze guardian-eligible students:
- Navigate to Guardians Explorer and Sync.
- Click Refresh eligible students.
Little SIS Sync retrieves all classes and rosters on the domain that meet the eligibility criteria. The output should look something like this:
- Click Analyze Guardians to see information on existing invitations for these guardian-eligible students. An ACTIVE guardian is a guardian that has accepted the invitation for Classroom email summaries.