Org Unit reports can be created or refreshed from the Gopher for Chrome sidebar. OU reports can be set to refresh automatically once every 24 hours via the toggle. The exact time of the refresh will be determined randomly based on the last auto-refresh time of your device cache, however, it will be time stamped in cell A1 of the relevant report tab.
To generate an org unit report:
- Open a new Google Sheet.
- In the top menu, go to Extensions > Gopher for Chrome > Launch Sidebar.
- Once the sidebar loads, click Run reports.
- Click Org Unit.
- Click + (Add).
- Click Select org unit and select the OU.
- If you want to include sub-organizations, check that checkbox.
- Click Add.
- If you want this report to automatically refresh each day, move the Refresh org unit reports daily toggle to ON.
- Click Run.
Feeling ambitious? With a fairly minor lift, you can always take this dashboard concept to the next level by building Charts in Sheets, embedding Charts in a Google Doc or Site, or using a free tool like Google Data Studio to build your graphs and linking it to your self-refreshing spreadsheet.
Setting up auto-refreshing reports on a Sheet and sharing the doc with view rights can be a great way to provide dashboards to non-IT-admin stakeholders like principals, superintendents, and technology integrators. By constraining the report to a specific parent OU, like a school, for example, you can provide just the information a school principal or site-based coach might need.
Pro Tip: The Average Minutes/Device Used column is pulled from the Admin console and represents total active usage, including off-campus and on-campus.