The Filter by potential setting risk lets you identify risky group settings on your domain and quickly take action to protect your end-users.
Note: You can use the full power of Google Sheets native filters and filter views to hone in on specific risks beyond what is described here.
The following filters are available in the sidebar:
- Permissive posting rights: This filter applies to the Anyone can post messages column to filter out any groups where only owners or managers can post.
- Permissive join rights: This filter applies to the Who can join column to filter out any groups where only owners or managers can post.
These filters are only available when the advanced group membership analysis box was checked when you loaded the groups to the sheet.
- Includes all domain users: This filter applies to the column of the same name within the Advanced membership analysis column group, and filters for only those groups where All domain users have been added as a group member.
- Contains nested groups: This filter looks for only those groups that have other groups as members or owners.
- Contains external members: This filter looks for groups that contain users whose email addresses are not from any of the domains linked to your Google Workspace account.
Filtering by potential setting risk
- Click the Filter Groups tab of the sidebar.
- Click on one of the risk filters. The Sheet automatically filters.
- In the Group Settings Sheet, edit values necessary for the settings.
Running the update group settings bulk action
Once you’ve made your changes, you can update them using Bulk actions.
- Click the Bulk actions tab of the sidebar.
- Click Update Group Settings.
- Review the properties and attributes that will be edited.
- Click Next. A preview of changes opens and can be viewed as a list or per user.
Setting Description List View
This is the default view.
Toggle the slider in the upper right corner of the preview modal to switch between list view and per-user view.
- Click Run Bulk Actions.
- Click Done to return to the sidebar.
- Click Done to return to the Bulk actions tab.