Adopting new tools can be tricky for schools to navigate. As you begin your implementation, you will want to set yourself up for success. Below, you will find the basic Little SIS Premium setup and adoption process. Following these steps will help you have a smooth transition to Little SIS Premium.
- Access: You can access Little SIS Premium Sync from the Little SIS for Classroom. Click the 9 box menu at the top left, then click Sync.
- Current state analysis: Little SIS provides a detailed view of all Classroom classes on the domain. To gain initial insight, we recommend using the Little SIS Premium Classroom Overview tool. With this tool, you can explore and gauge the current state of Classroom adoption on the domain.
- Data extraction and automation: Automated CSV enrollment exports must be scheduled for delivery to an accessible local or network folder via a scripted direct database query or native SIS auto-send functionality. This functionality is not included in the Little SIS Premium app. It will differ based on SIS, local technology, and expertise. Your team must configure Data extraction.
- Pilot sync job setup (optional): Here, you will create a pilot Little SIS Premium job. It will include user-configured data source file identification, joins, and field mappings. These work together to transform SIS data into Google Classroom classes and rosters. Using inclusion and exclusion rules, you can limit the pilot to a handful of teachers or a specific school site.
- Manual sync analysis and staging of actions: A manual sync analysis uncovers new Classroom classes and roster updates. These are the changes that can be executed for a job. It also identifies potential matches to existing teacher Classroom classes. You can then action, ignore, or save these linkages as saved exceptions during execution.
- Execution of staged actions: Staged actions are actions approved by the administrator. Committing the sync completes the staged actions from your sync analysis.
- Job automation: Once you are comfortable things are running correctly, you can update steps 5 and 6 to run as an automated process!
- Try out guardian sync: Guardian is not required for a successful pilot. Having guardian emails auto-populate into Classroom can be of great value for teachers. Learn how to set up guardian sync.
- Pilot scale-up (optional): Congratulations, you have a successful pilot under your belt. Now you can take your Little SIS Premium adoption to the next level of scale in your district. When you are ready, you can change inclusion and exclusion rules and create new jobs.
|Description of Change