This method is best for organizations to use when they are doing an initial license assignment of up to a few hundred licenses and don't want to use GAM.
Note: This method cannot be used to remove licenses from any users.
- Log into Google Admin Console.
- Navigate to the Users page.
Main menu > Directory > Users
- In the All organizations panel at the left, Locate the OU where you want to assign licenses, You can download all users at the root or by OU.
- Click Manage Columns (settings wheel) above the Users grid.
- Select License from the Add new column drop-down.
- Click Save. The new column appears at the left in the Users grid.
- Click Download users located above the Users grid.
- Change Select columns to All user info columns and currently selected columns.
- Click Download. When downloading a list of users, the progress will show in the task monitor.
- Download and open the Sheet.
- Locate the column called New Licenses.
- Enter the product/service ID for the license you wish to apply.
- 1010310005 - Google Workspace for Education Standard
- 1010310006 - Google Workspace for Education Standard (Staff)
- 1010310008 - Google Workspace for Education Plus
- 1010310009 - Google Workspace for Education Plus (Staff)
- 1010370001 - Google Workspace for Education: Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Once you’ve made the changes to the file, save it as a CSV.
- Return to the Users section and click bulk upload users.
For common errors, see this Google Help Article.