Once the initialization is complete, you can begin delegating groups on your domain. It is recommended you only assign one delegated manager per group initially, as this will help prevent confusion as users add/remove users using the Sheets Add-on. If there are two or more delegated managers per group, there is a greater possibility of multiple Sheets being out of sync, and/or updates being pushed at the same time.
- In Google Sheets, open a sheet.
- Navigate to Add-ons > Group Gator > Manage groups.
- Click the Delegate groups tab.
- Using the field in the upper right, search and select a group on your domain that you would like to delegate.
- Click Delegate.
- Next, you can choose someone to delegate management for the group. Begin typing in either the name or the email address of the individual. If they are located on the domain, their name and email address will appear, along with an avatar.
- The Send notification to new managers is selected by default. When checked, new managers receive a notification.
- If you are sending notifications, enter a Custom notification.
- Click Apply. The main dashboard page opens. Here you can manage group delegations, delegate another group, and look up group details.
- Click on the pencil icon to go to the admin panel where you can view and add/remove members or owners.
Delegated manager notification email
If you have opted to send a delegated manager notification, they will receive an email with your custom message, along with information about their newly assigned delegation powers and an explanation about how to launch the Group Gator Add-on from Google Sheets.
The email also includes frequently asked questions, along with a complete user guide.