1. Once initialization is complete, you can begin delegating groups on your domain. Using the autocomplete field in the upper right of the app interface, search for a group on your domain that you would like to delegate. Once you have selected a group, click on the add-people icon located at the top-right side of the screen.
2. Once a group is selected, you can choose someone to delegate management for the group. Begin typing in either the name or the email address of the individual and if they are located on the domain, their name and email address will appear, along with an avatar.
- When a delegated manager has been chosen, you are given the option to send a notification to the new manager, along with writing a custom message.
- It is recommended you only assign one delegated manager per group initially, as this will help prevent confusion as users add / remove users using the Sheets Add-on. If there are two or more delegated managers per group, then a greater possibility of multiple Sheets that are out of sync, and/or updates being pushed at the same time exists.
- The auto-complete field will help assure you are selecting the correct person as a delegated manager.
3. The delegated manager will optionally receive an email with your custom message, along with information about their newly assigned delegation powers and an explanation about how to launch the Group Gator Add-on from Google Sheets.
The email also includes frequently asked questions, along with a complete user guide.
4. After a group has been selected, and you have chosen a delegated manager, you will be taken to the main dashboard page where you have ability to manage group delegations, delegate another group, and look up group details.
Clicking on the pencil icon will take you to the admin panel where you have the ability to view and add/remove members or owners.