Events created by Event-o-Matic can now be modified in either the source Sheet or in Google Calendar, and bulk updated via Event-o-Matic. Powerful stuff!
Once you have created some events using Event-o-Matic, changes made to an event in either the Calendar or the Sheet will cause your data to be "out of sync." To synchronize data, open the "Sync already-created events" option from the Event-o-Matic menu, under Add-ons.
This will load a dialog summarizing the number of events in the sheet, and asking you to select the sync direction.
- Smart Sync: Sheet <-> Calendar
- Sync Up: Sheet -> Calendar
- Sync Down: Calendar -> Sheet
1. The Smart sync: Sheet <-> Calendar method will compare the last-edited times of the Google Calendar event and the Google Sheet row to determine which should take precedence.
If the Google Calendar event has been edited more recently than the Sheet, any differences detected in the calendar event information will be written to the Sheet.
If the event data in the Sheet has been edited more recently than the Calendar, any differences will be written to the calendar event.
2. The Sync up: Sheet -> Calendar method will assume the Sheet data to be the source of truth. Any detected differences between the event data in the Sheet and the calendar event will be resolved by writing the Sheet values to the calendar event.
3. The Sync down: Calendar -> Sheet method will assume the Calendar data to be the source of truth. Any detected differences between the event data in the Sheet and the calendar event will be resolved by writing the Calendar values to the sheet row containing the event.
Excluding events from the sync process
By default, a sync will run on all events with an "Event ID" value. Events can be excluded from the sync by denoting an "Y" or "y" in the "Exclude from sync (Y)" column.