What user information does Gopher Buddy collect and how does is student data privacy protected?
The extension also sends device usage session details — encrypted before transmission via https — to the service, where relevant fields in this data are encrypted again via private key and stored in a private big data analytics warehouse (the Gopher Buddy Datastore). For the purpose of meeting data privacy concerns, the information stored by the Gopher Buddy Datastore is limited to:
- Device ID
- G Suite customer (domain-level) ID
- Domain name
- G Suite User ID (encrypted at rest)
- G Suite Email Address (encrypted at rest & stored in a different location)
- Local IP Address (encrypted at rest)
- Public IP Address (encrypted at rest)
- Session start time
- Session end time
- Session duration (minutes)
- User Org Unit Path
- Device Org Unit Path
How long is data retained if I delete / remove Gopher Buddy?
On uninstallation, the administrator can request to delete all data collected by Gopher Buddy. On inactive or expired installations, we may opt to delete data after 30 days.