The Gopher Buddy Chrome extension actively monitors the user's device for activity. Every 5 minutes, a check is performed to see if new activity has occurred since the last check. If new activity is found, the extension will report to the Gopher Buddy server. If no new activity has been detected, the previous session is assumed to have ended, and is reported up to the Gopher Buddy database.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long from when someone uses a Chromebook until the activity shows up in Gopher Buddy?
- Within 15 minutes of the end of a session of use (e.g. more than 5 minutes of inactivity on the device), the activity will appear in Gopher Buddy reports in Gopher for Chrome.
- What if I use my Chromebook offline?
- Offline use is tracked the same as online, but only reported once the user is back online with that device.
- What if the internet goes down while I’m using the Chromebook? Will a session still be reported?
- Intermittent internet outages may result in sessions that appear back-to-back, but with different IP addresses detected.