Are you ready to migrate your jobs from Little SIS Sync Agent to Little SIS Premium? While LIttle Sis Sync Agent is a great tool for managing Classroom classes, Little SIS Premium streamlines the same features in one cloud application, making classes easier to manage. When you move to the cloud, you’ll want to migrate your current jobs rather than recreate them.
In this article, you’ll learn how to switch from Little SIS Sync Agent to Little SIS Premium without losing sync jobs. The import process is not a bulk import. You’ll need to import and verify each job to be sure they imported correctly.
Importing a job into Little SIS Premium
- Log in to the server that has Little SIS Sync installed.
- Open up a Chrome browser.
- Log in to Little SIS Premium.
- Click on the 9-square menu and click Sync.
- In the left navigation, click Jobs, then Roster sync jobs.
- Click Import jobs from Little SIS Sync Agent located at the top right of the page.
The import popup opens.
- In the upload box, drag one or more of your Sync Agent JSON files or click to browse and select one or more files.
Note: When browsing for files in Windows, use this path to locate your sync job files: %appdata%>Little SIS. If using MacOS, navigate to: ~/Library/Application Support/ Little SIS. Select the 13-digit files that end in .json. These are the files that hold all of your configurations in your settings.
- Review the job information. You will see a notification if:
- Extra files were copied over, letting you know that they are not necessary.
- Files were already imported, letting you know that it already exists in Little SIS Premium.
- Any files are not found, for example, the source file.
Manually upload missing files
- If you’ve come this far and the page does not display the Import # jobs button at the bottom right, you’ll need to correct the job. Most likely, there is a missing file.
From the Import Sync Agent roster sync jobs popup, click Cancel.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Yes.
- In the left navigation, click Files.
- Click Upload a new file located at the top right of the page.
- In the Upload source file(s) popup, click Upload.
- Browse and select the file.
- Click Open.
- Click Done.
Return to roster sync jobs to reimport a job
- Import the JSON files for the job again.
- Review the job information.
- Click Import # Jobs. Once imported, the page will return to the Roster sync jobs list.
Verifying imported jobs
- From the Roster sync jobs list, click the ellipsis menu for a job.
- Click Edit. The Edit roster sync job stepper opens to Basic Information.
- If needed, edit the Job Name and Description.
Note: The description for any imported jobs includes Imported from Little SIS Sync Agent.
- Click Source data at the top of the stepper.
Note: To keep source data consistent, make sure to set up your SFTP from your SIS so that this file continues to update daily in the data mappings.
- Click Data mappings at the top of the stepper.
- Check that your alias is the current school year so that classes get created.
- Review and edit any mappings.
- Click Manage inclusion/exclusion rules at the top of the stepper.
- Click Preview Class Sync (#) to preview the job.
- Click Close to close the preview.
- Click Update preferences at the top of the stepper.
- Click the Teacher Review/Class Links tab.
- This tab is different from the same tab in Little SIS Sync Agent. Teacher Review is a Little SIS Premium feature. Select Enable Teacher Review to enable it for this job. Or select Provision classes if classes are to be provisioned for the teacher in Google Classroom.
- Click Automations at the top of the stepper.
- Imported jobs all have the automation setting as manual. It is recommended to leave it as Manual for at least the first and second run. This setting lets you make sure all the classes look correct. After that, you can revise the automation setting.
- Click Save.