Clever Sync for Google Classroom
Google has partnered with Clever to offer Classroom roster syncing for Workspace Plus domains. This partnership gives school admins the ability to create and sync Google Classroom classes with their SIS rosters, as long as they have properly configured both Clever and Google Workspace Plus.
Understanding Google Clever Sync
School admins can use their Clever rosters to create and sync Google Classroom classes by school, course, or teacher within their Clever interface. Once SIS data is syncing to Clever for the school year, admins add the Google Classroom import app to their Clever account and complete the setup wizard to set up the sync.
- Admins can control which classes sync to Classroom at the school, course, or teacher level.
- Teachers can add/remove students and co-teachers and change the name of the course without affecting the sync.
- Co-teachers can also sync from the SIS rosters to Classroom classes.
- Can be configured in advance and set a date when the import begins.
- Initial import to Classroom takes approximately 24 hours to complete.
- Teachers must accept or decline courses in Classroom once imported.
- Google email addresses for teachers and students must be in Clever.
- Google Workspace Plus licenses must be active for teachers and students to sync to Classroom.
Clever Sync and Little SIS Premium
For schools who are either current Little SIS Premium users and are considering the Clever sync or for schools brand new to Classroom syncing, the table below serves to highlight the features of both tools so you can decide which solution best meets your school's needs.
|Little SIS Premium||Google Clever Sync|
|Does not require custom SIS exports|
|Create Google Classroom classes from SIS data and sync rosters throughout the school year|
|Create and manage multiple sync jobs|
|Sync rules/inclusion rules based on common filters like school and course|
|Granular inclusion and exclusion sync rules|
|Link current Google Classroom classes with synced classes|
|Merge synced classes to create customized Google Classroom classes|
|Bulk admin actions for Google Classroom, like archiving classes|
|Create delegated admin roles for staff to view Google Classroom classes and data|
|Create Google Classroom classes without students, who can be added later|
|Sync does not override teacher additions or removals||requires additional configuration|
|Requires active Google Workspace Plus licenses|
For more information about Google Clever Sync, refer to Clever's Classroom rostering knowledgebase.
Google Workspace Updates Blog Post: Workspace for Education Plus now sync Google Classroom courses and rosters with Student Information Systems