A key feature of the Help Center is the ability to locate articles using search. This is especially helpful to find an article if you do not know what category (cards on the Help Center Home) or section it's in. If you know the title of the article or some keywords for what the article covers, you can enter those words in search to find the article. If there are too many search results, you can use the By Category filter to narrow the results.
Where is the search box?
The search field appears on every page, but the location depends on the type of page:
- Home page: On the homepage, there is a large search bar with a Search button.
- Category, section, and article pages: On these pages, the search box appears at the top right.
- Search results page: After a search, you may see the search results page. If you don't find what you need you can start a new search. On this page, the search box appears at the top left.
- Enter a word or phrase for what you are looking for in the Search field.
Note: Add quotes around a phrase to search for those words in that order or that specific phrase. For example, entering device cache returns results for device and cache. Entering "device cache" returns results only where device and cache appear together.As you enter characters, a list of articles appears below the Search field.
Note: Enter at least 4 characters, less than that does not yield good results. These articles have your search words in the title. As you continue to type, the list narrows.
- Select an article from the list to open it.
Click Enter to go to the search results page. Here you see a list of all articles that contain your search words somewhere in the title or article text.
- If there are many results you can filter the list for a specific Category by clicking on the Category at the left.
- Select an article from the list to view the article.