When employing Context Aware Access rules, users may encounter a situation where the geographic block is in place, but the location of the IP address cannot be determined. This issue arises when third-party applications are marked trusted, but not exempted from API Access blocks.
To address this problem, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to App Access control.
Security > API Controls > Manage third party app access > Add app or Change access
- Either add a new app
for existing apps, hover over the app and click Change access at the left.
- Go to the Access to Google data step in the stepper.
- If the application is manually trusted, you will see an additional checkbox for exemption from API access blocks. This checkbox is crucial for resolving the issue.
Warning: Understand that this checkbox will only appear for manually trusted apps. The checkbox won't be visible if the app is trusted through Marketplace allowlisting. In such cases, you need to trust the app manually.
- Once you have checked the exemption box for the relevant apps, click Finish/Change Access.
- Repeat for each manually trusted app to exempt them from being blocked.
|Description of Change