A reminder on class visibility and features in Little SIS
Little SIS provides many powerful ways to explore the Google Classroom classes on your domain, but what you can see and do very much depends on what kind of user you are within Little SIS.
Super administrators can view ALL of the Google Classroom classes on a Google Workspace domain and have unlimited access to features within Little SIS. Learn about features specific to super admins.
Users who are not super admins can be granted access to a limited set of classes within Little SIS. Depending on your role, you may also have only a limited set of features available to you. Learn more about permissions.
Little SIS keeps a live copy of data related to all classes (and their metadata like assignments, announcements, etc.) on your domain and makes these available for exploration and bulk actions via the Classroom Explorer.
The Overview report provides a summary of classes by course STATE for a selected timeframe and lets you quickly access course information related to specific course states. For more information about what course states mean, check out Google's documentation.
The Overview at-a-glance display contains:
- Total Classes: A count of all classes in the selected timeframe.
- Classes by state: Has a graph display the total classes broken down by state and individual cards for each state. These cards contain the state and the count for the state.
Changing the overview timeframe
To change the information in the overview, you need to change the time frame.
- Click in the timeframe at the top-right. The timeframe popup opens.
- Select a timeframe at the left.
- Click OK. The overview will refresh to show the class state for the new time frame.
Opening Explorer from the overview
If you click on any state in the graph or any state card, the Google Classroom Explorer opens and is filtered by the Overview timeframe and state you selected. For example, let’s say your Overview timeframe is 2019-2020. If you click on the ACTIVE Classes by state, Explorer opens displaying active classes that were created during the 2019-2020 timeframe.