Roster exceptions are globally-applied rules that prevent specific users, or groups of users with email addresses matching a wildcard pattern, from being included in roster changes enacted by Little SIS Premium.
When you use the wildcard/pattern option, any asterisk (*) will get replaced with [a-zA-Z0-9.@]*. For example, *@stu*school.* would match firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
Currently, roster exceptions apply to all classes across all jobs.
Roster exceptions might be useful in the following scenarios:
- Where a list of para-professionals exists whose email addresses are frequently added by teachers as students (rather than co-teachers) in Google classroom.
- Students who are auditing a course for independent study. These students are not on the official class roster within the SIS.
- Where students have a medical or parental excuse for not participating in Google Classroom.
To add a roster exception, do the following:
- Access Little SIS for Classroom.
- Click the 9 box menu at the top left of the page.
- Click Sync.
- In the left navigation pane, click Jobs then Roster Exceptions.
- Click +. The Add a roster exception pop-up opens.
- By default, the exception type is Email. If the type should be pattern-based, select Pattern from the Type drop-down.
- For email, you can specify the following: Email or Name, and Notes.
- For pattern-based, you can specify the following: Pattern and Notes.
- Enter the criteria for the exception in the fields provided.
- Click Save. The new roster exception appears in the Roster Exceptions list.