Deleting a Google Workspace user through Gopher for Users permanently deletes all resources (Drive, Calendar, Sites, etc.) owned by the user, including Google Vault retained copies of Gmail.
Unlike the Google Workspace Admin console, where it is possible to transfer ownership of Drive
Files and G+ pages to another user, Gopher for Users does not permit this.
Once a user is deleted, you have 20 days to manually reverse this permanent data loss via the Admin console. Gopher for Users does not have an action to reverse deletions.
To delete users in bulk:
- In Google Sheets, open a sheet.
- Navigate to Extensions > Gopher for Users > Launch sidebar.
- On the Import Users to Sheet tab of the sidebar, click Load to sheet. Users load to the Manage Existing Users tab.
- Click the Bulk User Actions tab.
- Click Delete Users. Delete user column A becomes visible.
- In column A, select Yes for all users you want to delete.
- Click Next.
- Use step 2 to confirm that you've selected the correct user(s) for deletion.
Note: Only those users that are visible in the sheet/not excluded by filters and have a Yes in the Delete user column will be included for deletion.
- Click Preview to load a full preview of users for deletion before committing the action.
The preview includes flags to warn if users have been recently active or are an Admin and if you are accidentally deleting your own account. You can filter the preview by Account Status, Last Login Time, and Org Units.
- Click Run Bulk Actions to run the deletion on the users.
- At the prompt, check the I fully understand the implications of what I'm about to do checkbox.
- Click Release the Hounds.
- Click Done in the Update Complete box to return to the sidebar.
- Once the deletion process is complete, an optional Step 3 will allow you to purge the deleted users from the Manage Existing Users tab. Click Remove to remove deleted user rows from the sheet.