The Update user aliases feature lets you add new user aliases or delete existing admin-assigned aliases for your users. Note that this feature requires a paid license.
To add/update user aliases in bulk:
- In Google Sheets, open a sheet.
- Navigate to Extensions > Gopher for Users > Launch sidebar.
- On the Import Users to Sheet tab of the sidebar, load users to the sheet.
Note: Read-only columns for Admin-assigned aliases and Auto-generated aliases can be used as guides, and with filters, can help identify users that need to have their aliases changed or cleaned up.
- Click the Bulk User Actions tab.
- Click Update user aliases.
- In the Alias to add or Alias to remove columns, enter an email address.
Note: You can only enter one email address per column.
- Click Preview. A preview of update aliases opens and can be viewed as a list or per user.
Note: If you are making more than 500 changes, your total job count will be shown here instead.
List View: This is the default view.
Per-user View: Toggle the slider in the upper right corner of the preview modal to switch between list view and per-user view.
- List View: This is the default view.
- Click Run Bulk Actions to run the update on the users.
- At the success prompt, click Done to return to the sidebar.
- Review the Summary and click Done.
All changes are captured in the Update Status column, as well as the Bulk Actions History tab in the spreadsheet.
|Description of Change