In this article, we'll explore navigation. More specifically, navigating to the student view from the roster. Often when you are viewing a roster, you may want to view specific student information. Pivoting between these two views lets you get to student information needed quickly. You can pivot between views from both Explorer and Student Explorer. Let's look at how it's done.
Pivoting from Roster to Student View using Explorer
To pivot from roster to student view in Explorer:
- In the Little SIS left menu, click Explorer.
- Right-click over a class to view class details.
- Click on the Roster tab.
- Right-click over a student.
- Click View student. A Student explorer tab opens, behind the class view modal, for that student.
- The overlay stays open, repeat these steps for each student you want to view.
- Click Close to close the class view modal. You’ll return to Explorer. There is a tab at the top for each student you selected for view.
- Click a student tab to view details.
- When finished viewing, click X (Close) to close the student tab.
Pivoting from Roster to Student View using Student Explorer
To pivot from roster to student view in Student Explorer:
- In the Little SIS left menu, click Student Explorer.
- Search for and select a student.
- Access class information:
- If you know the teacher, click Enrolled Classrooms.
- If you don't know the teacher, click Classroom in the collapsible panel at the left.